[lug] debian usb printer

John Starkey jstarkey at breezedev.com
Fri Apr 11 12:35:42 MDT 2008

Steve Sullivan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed Debian etch and am trying to configure
> a USB printer, an HP 2605dn.

My Deb desktop machine isn't available so I can't check specifics at the
moment. But here's a list of what I remember of the drivers I'm using
for a Photosmart 7210:

hpijs - HP Linux Printing and Imaging - gs IJS driver (hpijs)
hpijs-ppds - HP Linux Printing and Imaging - HPIJS PPD files
hplip - HP Linux Printing and Imaging System (HPLIP)
hplip-dbg - HP Linux Printing and Imaging - debugging information
hplip-doc - HP Linux Printing and Imaging - documentation
hpoj - HP OfficeJet Linux driver (hpoj)
hpoj-xojpanel - HP OfficeJet Linux QT-based LCD panel display

I haven't tried with any of the default drivers in a couple years, and
these are seamless with each install, so I thought I'd mention them.

John