[lug] debian usb printer

Steve Sullivan sullivan at mathcom.com
Sat Apr 12 08:03:37 MDT 2008

Thanks for the notes on Debian USB printer config.
It turns out HP makes several different 2600 series printers -
the 2600 inkjet, the 2600 photo printer, the 2605 color laser,
and maybe more.  I'm guessing that the default 2600n driver
that the GUI installed was for the wrong printer.

Here's what finally worked ...
  Use the GUI to recognize the printer
  download the PPD from openprinting.org and copy into /etc/cups/ppd
  edit /etc/cups/printers.conf and set it to match the
  name of the downloaded ppd:
    <Printer HP_Color_LaserJet_2605>

Steve

Steve Sullivan    sullivan at mathcom.com