[lug] Well-supported USB webcam

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Tue Apr 15 06:44:35 MDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 07:56:08PM -0600, Steve Sullivan wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> If you find and answer could you please post it?  I tried one from Logitech,
> but it had Windows only drivers.  So I installed it on Win XP, but it was so bad
> it screwed up Windows enough that I had to reinstall XP.  Ah the ignomy of having
> to stoop to Windows, and even then have it be foobared!  Well, I guess
> I should have expected as much :)

Creative Ultra NX webcam.  Creative is selling them for about $25 shipped:

http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?product=15757&WT.cg_n=DataFeed&WT.cg_s=Froogle_Webcam+NX+Ultra+Refurbished&WT.mc_id=6356&campID=20947

It worked fine with the gspca driver in Debian Etch.

$aptitude install gspca ekiga

and working video!  That's what I was looking for.  Now to go order several
more before yall snatch em all up.