[lug] Upgrading PHP without upgrading OS

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Wed Apr 16 17:35:20 MDT 2008

Two methods come to mind.  If you aren't using 4.3 php for anything,
then you could remove all of those php packages and then rebuild the 5.2
src rpms.  You will likely need to adjust the spec file to reference the
dependencies appropriately and it may or may not build.  I'd try and
find the src rpm from as early a RHEL release as possible.

Your other option is to build from source and install to
/usr/local/php5.2 and cope with both being installed.

Hugh