[lug] apache vhost / php perms

Jason Vallery jason at vallery.net
Wed Apr 16 19:36:32 MDT 2008

Hi Karl,
There is a virtual host directive called SuexecUserGroup in Apache 2 (I
think there might be a module for Apache 1.3).  You can tell Apache to
execute the scripts as a specified user.  In example, if you add the
following line to the virtualhost declaration in httpd.conf it will execute
the script as user 503, group 504:

SuexecUserGroup "#503" "#504"

You can find more at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/suexec.html

--