[lug] Perhaps part of the psychology of Free

Chip Atkinson chip at pupman.com
Wed Apr 23 19:56:53 MDT 2008

The other thing that seemed rather glaring is that there was no discussion
between the ratio of prices.  Looking at our english measurement system
indicates that we are ratio oriented (halves, quarters, etc.).  When you
shave 1 cent off the price of two different houses, the ratio is unchanged
and the buying decision too is unchanged.  When you shave 1 cent off the
price of the two candies, you end up with a ratio of 14/0 which is
significantly different than 15:1.

Chip