[lug] Flakey Window/Workspace Focus

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 08:10:27 MDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 6:14 AM, John Starkey <jstarkey at breezedev.com> wrote:

>  I have 8 workspaces over two monitors. When I alt-F1, to move from
>  workspace 2 to 1, for instance, it's up in the air whether the window on
>  top will have focus.

Hmm. On my sid (sidux) system with kde 3.5.9, alt-F1 brings up the
menu! Googling for shortcuts, it appears that ctl-Fn provides for
desktop switching. When I do that, the window on top has focus
(limited testing, since I normally use the pager in the  bottom panel
to switch dektops). I get the same results either way. I don't know
what the status of your windows may be, but on mine the last window to
have focus is the window which retains focus after desktop switching.

HTH,

--
Collins Richey