[lug] Time sync w/GPS or radio

Gary Hodges Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov
Thu May 8 10:43:58 MDT 2008

I have some remote machines w/o internet access.  I get around that by
dialing in a couple times a day, but I've never liked that solution.
But what prompted me to start looking for a solution is...  You all will
love this...  I have a machine on the net behind the firewall of a very
large government organization where I'm not able to use a time server
outside the network.  And, get this, they don't keep the time set on
their internal time server.

In case anyone is interested, I got a price quote from that UK vendor
this morning.  $1590 for a GPS solution and $995 for a WWVB solution.