[lug] decoding weather data via radio Was: Time sync w/GPS or radio

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed May 14 14:27:24 MDT 2008

p.s. I should also mention that there ARE some EE's in your area who
are also Radio Hams, and the Boulder Amateur Radio Club is by far one
of the best and most technical clubs (complete with face to face "show
and tell" meetings on a regular basis) in the entire state of Colorado.

http://www.qsl.net/w0dk/

You may want to go to a meeting and meet some folks and ask about your
project.  They'll probably twist your arm (hard) to get your ham
license, in that process though!  (GRIN)

And right now, many of them including much of their leadership is
probably about the leave for Dayton...

http://www.hamvention.org/

Rip and Ellie have run a GREAT kids program called the BARC Jr's,
that's been going for multiple generations of kids, and the kids can
win "free" trips to Dayton and often give presentations, etc.

The current Tech Lead of the ham association I'm currently President
of,  is a former BARC Jr.  (http://www.w0cra.org)

Very neat group of people there in Boulder, and wicked smart.

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X
nate at natetech.com