[lug] Adwords

karl horlen horlenkarl at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 17:20:09 MDT 2008

This is not a direct linux question but I thought some in the group might have some practical experience / advice with adwords.

I'm trying to evaluate Adwords before diving in and spending the money on it.

For those that have used it, does goog make statistics possible that identify which sites, site page uri your ads eventually show up on?  I'm pretty sure it gives you number of page impressions but I'm more concerned about location and "where" the ads actually show up than "if & when" an impression occurs.  The former is more useful.

When someone clicks on a goog ad placed in a site via adsense versus on a search page, does goog track the site referral for you and make it ez to see the click through referral stats?  If not, is it ez to grep the http logs for a specific query string that ids the request as coming from adsense placed ad?