[lug] Recommendations for external DVD burners?

Chris Riddoch riddochc at gmail.com
Wed May 14 17:16:01 MDT 2008

Hi, everyone.

As the subject line says, I'm looking for a good external DVD burner
that will work reliably under Linux.  My main means of connecting it
to my systems is USB.  I'm curious what people's experience is with
dual-layer disks, or blue-ray... neither of which is something I think
I absolutely *must have*, but I'd like to be informed on the options.

Any suggestions?  Hardware I should particularly avoid?  Factors in
deciding that I might not have thought about?

--
epistemological humility
 Chris Riddoch