[lug] How to simulate static IP with openwrt/wrt54G withez-ipupdate?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Mon May 19 14:29:21 MDT 2008

I've recently become a fan of a commercial product... MikroTik RouterOS.

http://www.mikrotik.com/pricelist.php

It'll run on regular PC's, but it really shines on their RouterBoard
hardware from their "sister" company.

http://www.routerboard.com/

Total overkill for a home LAN, but I got to use one for another project
and now I *want* overkill at home too...  LOL!

There's not much the thing won't do.

Unfortunately the command line is a bit "cumbersome" to learn at first,
and the web interface is limited, so the "best" way to get one's feet
wet with it is to use their Windows control interface...

Nate