[lug] Cluster

gordongoldin at aim.com gordongoldin at aim.com
Thu May 29 15:22:56 MDT 2008

 The commercial Penguin that I have uses CENTOS plus beowulf and scyld.

They add their own kernel enhancements to make things "better".

There's also a 34-machine cluster in the back room.  That is run by CU UnixOps - totally open source.

I think it is Redhat plus beowulf.  You can probably ask them.

They charge a monthly to maintain the head-node but you add as many compute machines as you want.

You could build your own modeled after what they do.

One of the people here says it is exactly the same to submit on the Penguin or the home-made cluster.

Gordon Golding

Center for Innovation and Creativity