[lug] Ubuntu 8.04 - networking

Jason Davis mohadib at openactive.org
Fri May 30 17:40:54 MDT 2008

Hello,
 I installed XUbuntu 8.04 last night. I cant get netwroking to work. I
set my nic to use dhcp in /etc/network/interfaces , i then tried
dhclient and
i get no lease offer. I even tried setting the ip to be on the same
network as my NAT device. I still cant ping the device (or anything
else).

I have my old Dapper install on another disk. When I boot it everythin
works with no problems. Can you guys please help me? I'm falling
behind
on my blog reading!! :(

BTW , this is a wired network with a very supported intel 10/100 card.

Thanks A Lot,
Jason