[lug] freeBSD & PHP problems

kevin kempter kevin at kevinkempterllc.com
Sat May 31 14:29:07 MDT 2008

Hi List;

any BSD guru's out there ?

I'm fairly new to freeBSD, but a long time Linux biggot. I installed
freeBSD7, then I installed PHP like this:

# cd /usr/ports/lang/php5
# make config
# make install

Next I installed PostgreSQL and pgFouine

However when I run pgfouine to generate a log report I get this error:

$ php ./pgfouine.php -file $PGDATA/pg_log/postgresql-31.log > rept.html
PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function preg_replace() in /usr/
local/pgsql/pgfouine/include/reporting/geshi/geshi.php on line 474

preg_replace() I believe is a PHP built-in, anyone know how to correct
this, or have thoughts on what I may be doing wrong. Maybe I've missed
some sort of config step?

Thanks in advance...