[lug] Fedora Core 9 Bad ISO images?

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Tue Jun 3 18:18:09 MDT 2008

I don't know how to use rsync, but the man page seems straight-forward
enough. However, I'm not sure what to use as the "SRC". I went to
mirrors.kernel.org and saw an rsync link, but how do I tell it I want to
just check the fedora core 9,  i386,  iso images. I don't want to try
something like: rsync rsynch://mirrors.kernel.org/mirrors/ and discover
that it downloads everything in sight.  Can you give me an example of
how to rsync check Fedora-9-i386-disc2.iso?

As an aside, I checked the file sizes listed in the FTP section for FC9,
and they aren't even close to the sizes of the ones I have -- even for
the iso images that I used to make  the discs that tested good. Now I'm
really confused... Is there one release of FC9 i386 iso images or several?

- Bill Thoen