[lug] IP aliasing, https and iptables

Ben bluey at iguanaworks.net
Tue Jun 17 16:05:18 MDT 2008

I'm pretty sure ssl supprts vhosts just like regular http.

<VirtualHost *:443>
ServerName blah.com
SSLEngine on
SSL....

</VirtualHost>

By the way, Firefox 3 now puts up a lot of warnings signs when
connecting to a https site with a self-signed certificate. It takes a
few clicks to tell it to ignore the self-signed certificate, and will
probably freak-out the non-techies.  If you are like me and didn't want
to pay for a ssl certificate, you made a self-signed certificate a long
time ago and forgot about it. Now Startssl (www.startssl.com) offers
free Class 1 digital signing of your certificate I found it easy to
setup and worth it to avoid the warning messages.

Ben