[lug] Lots o' email bounces

Dave Pitts dpitts at cozx.com
Wed Jun 25 12:36:50 MDT 2008

Hello:

It seems that we have a new scourge, I'm getting hundreds of apparent
bounced email messages. It seems that the spammers send stuff to the
recipient systems with a forged return address that points to my system.
I catch most of the stuff with Spamassassin; but it chews up so much CPU
it is almost a denial of service attack. Has anyone else seen these
types of errors? How do we get rid of this crap? I'm running CentOS 5
using the default sendmail and Spamassassin.

Thanks.

--
Dave Pitts             PULLMAN: Travel and sleep in safety and comfort.
dpitts at cozx.com        My other RV IS a Pullman (Colorado Pine).