[lug] Simple video editing

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Fri Jul 4 14:15:57 MDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 21:26 -0600, Steve A Hart wrote:
> So I've got a 28 minute mpeg file.  All I want to do is to grab one
> minute from the video and make a separate 1 minute mpeg clip.  No
> resizing, no changing video format, just pull out a 1 minute segment and
> save it to a new file.  Sounds easy right?
>
> I've tried kdenlive and avidemux so far and I can't get either to do
> it!  This is extremely frustrating that that I cannot do something that
> should be simple.
>
> Can anyone provide a step by step how-to for Kdenlive, Avidemux, or
> anything......

I haven't used it that much, but I'm pretty sure with Avidemux you just
set the A and B positions and then save the file.

See this extremely simple tutorial:
http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/index.php?title=Save_only_video

Essenstially, move to the start location and hit the A button along the
bottom of the window, then move to the end location and hit the B
button.  Then hit the Save button.  I *think* that's all there is to it.
--
Michael J. Hammel                               Ximba End User Software
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.ximba.org