[lug] WBEM/CIM servers

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Wed Jul 9 09:42:36 MDT 2008

Ubuntu is looking into packaging and supporting some tools for
enterprise management, e.g. Common Information Model (CIM) and
Web-Based Enterprise Management (WBEM) servers :

- SBLIM (component solution backed by IBM, CIM server is called SFCB)
- OpenPegasus (used by RedHat, backed by The Open Group)
- OpenWBEM (used by Novell, project looks abandoned)

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with these from a
featureset / ease of use / integrability standpoint.

I've CC'd the Ubuntu developer working on this: Thierry Carrez

Thanks for your help !

Neal McBurnett                 http://mcburnett.org/neal/