[lug] WBEM/CIM servers

Jeffrey Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 10:02:31 MDT 2008

Neal,

If they do, do you think this topic would make a good talk?  Do you know
someone who could give it?  I'm lining up speakers for next year.

I'll observe that speaking at BLUG seems to have done wonders for Stormy
Peters' career.  :-)

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 9:42 AM, Neal McBurnett <neal at bcn.boulder.co.us>
wrote:

> Ubuntu is looking into packaging and supporting some tools for
> enterprise management, e.g. Common Information Model (CIM) and
> Web-Based Enterprise Management (WBEM) servers :
>
> - SBLIM (component solution backed by IBM, CIM server is called SFCB)
> - OpenPegasus (used by RedHat, backed by The Open Group)
> - OpenWBEM (used by Novell, project looks abandoned)
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with these from a
> featureset / ease of use / integrability standpoint.
>
> I've CC'd the Ubuntu developer working on this: Thierry Carrez
>
> Thanks for your help !
>
> Neal McBurnett                 http://mcburnett.org/neal/

Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell]