[lug] Videoconferencing in Linux

Kenneth D Weinert kenw at quarter-flash.com
Thu Jul 10 13:50:44 MDT 2008

I have a creative WebCam NX Ultra, comes with earpiece and mic. I paid
$25 for it, but it was from one of those refurbished sites, not sure
what it would be new.

I'm not entirely sure that the mic works with mebeam.com - at least in
the test room I can't hear myself talk. I know the mic works because I
can use the sound recorder and hear myself in playback (quick hint
here: when you do this for the first time *don't* have the earpiece
still in your ear until you get all the adjustments made. I'll be the
one with my right ear turned towards the conversation so I can hear
it. And I may ask you to speak up so I can hear you over the ringing
in my left ear. :)