[lug] cell phones with linux

Matthew Beldyk matt at beldyk.org
Tue Jul 15 11:01:39 MDT 2008

Hi,

My current phone is slowly dieing.  I was wondering if anyone had any
experience with syncing cellphones under linux.  I'm likely going to
purchase a phone at the ATT store (GSM) and renew my contract.  Does
anyone know of any new phones that work under linux (I want to be able
to copy photos, themes, ringtones, and contacts between the phone and
my computer).  I'm somewhat eyeing the iphone because the magic blue
smoke came out of my ipod a couple months ago, but I don't know if it
will talk to linux (ie. I can mount it with htfs and make amarok talk
to it).

Anyhow, if anyone has any wisdom they'd like to share with me about
this, I would be grateful.

-Matt

--
Calvin: Know what I pray for?