[lug] cell phones with linux

Chris McDermott csmcdermott at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 08:25:53 MDT 2008

I used my iPhone with Linux for a while - Ubuntu to be specific.  Syncing
music was pretty easy, I used fuse and sshfs to mount it and then amarok to
push music up onto it.  Photos I believe just work, when you plug it in the
little "import digital photos" wizard pops up.  I was never able to get my
contacts to sync though.  Last time I looked (10+ months ago) there was some
work on a project to make that work, but I never followed up.  I believe the
contacts are stored in a sqlite database or something along those lines.

I was upset because I had vmware running a virtual xp guest, but vmware does
not support iPhones over usb.  Bleh.  But maybe things have changed.

Chris