[lug] request for data: cpuinfo on non-x86 cpus

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Jul 17 14:29:34 MDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 13:15 -0600, Scott Rohling wrote:
> Interested in s390x ?   (Linux on the IBM zSeries - mainframe) ..

Absolutely.  We were just discussing that (non-desktop systems) in the
breakroom and wondered who we could ask about those.  :-)

In the end, I have to take the cpuinfo and map it to one of:

x86, x86-32, x86-64, sparc, powerpc, parisc, mips, ia64 and arm.
Possibly others, but those are the ones to start with.  If the s390x
doesn't map directly to one of those, it goes into "other".  :-)

--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org