[lug] Red Hat 5 definitive package list

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Jul 17 16:09:39 MDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 15:29 -0600, Matt James wrote:
> Hi all,
>      Working on a project and for a specification document I need to
> have a list of all the available packages and descriptions of those
> packages for Red Hat 5.2.  I've been able to find a list of all
> the ::changed:: packages but that only minimally helps me.  Anybody
> have a direction they can point me in?

I assume (but haven't seen them myself) that the RH official releases
are similar to the Fedora packaging so the package names should all be
the .rpm files found under the RPMS directory on the installation disks.
You can get descriptions from these by parsing the output from

rpm -qi <filename>

on each of those files.

--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org