[lug] Boulder Hack Fest: Sunday the 20th

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Fri Jul 18 21:00:13 MDT 2008

Zooko is putting on another Hack Fest in Boulder.

So in the great spirit of

  http://hackingsociety.org
  http://wiki.python.org/moin/FrontRangePythoneers

etc., give it a shot, and/or ask Zooko to put you on his list.

See more context at https://zooko.com/

I enjoyed the last one, but will be out of town for this one....

Neal McBurnett                 http://mcburnett.org/neal/

----- Forwarded message from zooko <zooko at zooko.com> -----

Please forward this invitation to the appropriate people.  Thank you!

You are invited to a Boulder Hack Fest Sunday the 20th, starting at
4:00 PM.  We'll have a comfy lounge on CU campus, we'll order pizza
and brew coffee, and we'll show each other fun hacks!

Kris Nuttycombe and I have coded up a fun multiperson turn-based
strategy game based on Conway's Life rules, which is colorful and
pretty to look at on projector screens.  Ali and/or Nwanua will
hopefully appear bearing "ambient computing" toys that we can play
with -- programmable clothing and stuff like that.  I am in the mood
to write code (Kris and I are learning Scala by reimplementing Color
Life: Colonize Earth in Scala), but I would also be happy to listen
to any explanations or demos that you folks have to share.

Please write back to zooko at zooko.com .

Thanks!

Regards,

Zooko