[lug] BLUG Poll

Ryan Kirkpatrick linux at rkirkpat.net
Sun Jul 20 07:36:16 MDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 00:43 -0600, kevin kempter wrote:
> I'm wondering what you'all would be most interested in, per a
> PostgreSQL talk..

I will add my vote for performance tuning. I have a 500 million row
PostgreSQL database that is getting pretty sluggish. Of course it is
running 7.3.x (or so) because a migration at this point would be
painful. But if 8.x has performance improvements to offer, it might be
worth it.

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                    |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)   |
|   Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  |  http://www.rkirkpat.net/   |