[lug] my latest guilty pleasure -- Linuxhaters Blog

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Jul 25 21:18:38 MDT 2008

Nate Duehr wrote:
> Nope.  Never loaded compwiz, and don't care.  Do we have a reasonable
> replacement for Excel or Visio yet?  No?  Okay, I'll be over in my
> virtual machine doing some real work... sorry.  Got things to do.

What do you use Excel for that you can't use OO Calc for?  I know a guy
who's a wiz at Excel (and Access), maybe I should have him show me what
real work in a spreadsheet looks like.  (Pity that he doesn't have an
easy way to version control his macros.)

Are you working on replacements for Excel or Visio?  I have a thought
about the former, but it would have to allow simultaneous manipulation.

Dave