[lug] my latest guilty pleasure -- Linuxhaters Blog

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sat Jul 26 16:14:59 MDT 2008

On Jul 25, 2008, at 10:00 PM, David L. Anselmi wrote:

> Nate Duehr wrote:
>> And the more I read it... the more I realize I wasn't alone in my
>> thinking that Linux as a Desktop OS... really does suck... for
>> those who don't want 1000 "choices" as to what they want to do, and
>> who actually want things to work when they use them, etc.
>
> This is my guilty pleasure: http://xkcd.com/340/
>
> Without Linux I wouldn't get that one.  Be sure to read the comment
> (or whatever it's called) on the image.

If my wife knew *nix... wow that would be interesting.

She won't put up with learning such arcane silly stuff though -- she
says the only reason I know it is that they pay me to.  I think she's
right.

I tried to show her how to mount a Samba share from her Mac at the
command-line once.  She looked at me like I was insane.

(Then I did it from the Network GUI, and she liked that.)

--
Nate Duehr
nate at natetech.com