[lug] FSF plans Apple Genuis Bar "denial of service"

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sun Jul 27 21:03:58 MDT 2008

I just said it was sick and wrong, you're the one who replied with a
trite personal attack.

Since you act like you wanted more than that (I was too "trite"):

I could expound on how stupid attacking customer support staff and
customers is, of a company that has both DRM-ed and non-DRM-ed
versions of their products already, WHEN THE CONTENT PROVIDERS ALLOW
THEM TO.  (The problem is at the content providers.)

FSF fighting the "good fight" in the courts with content providers is
fine with me.  In fact, I've supported them for years including
donations.

Them pissing all over normal folks in a publicity stunt designed to
make it impossible for those folks to get basic help with their
computers?  No.  That's anti-social, perhaps even mentally-unstable
behavior.  Thus, wait for it... wait...

SICK AND WRONG.

I didn't say it, because I thought you could get there on your own,
but I guess you couldn't.

They're out of their freakin' minds if they think this stunt is what
adults do to solve problems.  When they fought in court for things,
and followed the rules of society -- they did well.  Now they want to
fight via media/press stunts?

I get enough of that crap from political parties already, thanks.

They apparently decided to give up the high ground and attack people
not even part of their battle now.

Better?  Less "trite"?  Don't get it?  Not my problem.

Have a wonderful evening.

Nate