[lug] FSF plans Apple Genuis Bar "denial of service"

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Mon Jul 28 11:36:53 MDT 2008

Jason Schaefer wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 3:01 AM, Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> wrote:
>> On Jul 27, 2008, at 10:54 PM, David L. Anselmi wrote:
>>
>>> and rather than assume the media labels are correct, read the original
>>> idea as well as the "5 reasons" page that started it:
>>>
>>> http://www.defectivebydesign.org/apple-challenge
>>
>> By the way, I did read it.  And the title of the article that spawned this
>> little "movement" was called "5 Reasons to Avoid the iPhone".
>>
>> So avoid it.  Don't buy it.  Stay out of the store.  Go away.  Done!

[cut]

> Nate - you are legitimately sounding like a crazed loon. 90% of what
> you say is not even justified by a response. I hate to tell you this
> way but this is a LUG mailing list, your posts are getting a little
> agro and the appropriate place to post this would be on your blog.

[cut]

I agree with Nate here.  If you don't like DRM then don't buy it.  Don't
go into Apple stores and annoy people.  The ones planning that are the
crazed loons.

The following has nothing to do with Nate, it is all me:

Protesters who get in my way don't get my attention for "the cause",
they get my hate for their cause.  They can protest as much as they
want, just stay *out of the way!*

If they're out there blocking traffic it just makes me want to get a
monster truck, put it in low gear, get out and let it grind onward.  If
they can't clear the road in 2 minutes to get out of the way of an "out
of control truck" they deserve to get crushed.

Likewise for sit-ins and other stupidity.  I just want to get out the
hobnailed boots and walk in, on and over them.

And if I needed a Genius Bar, by the third geek to take up a slot with
his stupid DBD questionnaire, I'd be taking his questionnaire and
ripping it into tiny little shreds.