[lug] FSF plans Apple Genuis Bar "denial of service"

dio2002 at indra.com dio2002 at indra.com
Mon Jul 28 17:06:22 MDT 2008

I wasn't gonna but oh well..

> Want to "free" the world, move to Cambodia and save child sex slaves
> from their oppressors.
>
> Go to Africa and help hungry people get food so they can fight warlords.
>
> Perhaps even just take a homeless person right here in Denver into your
> home with your family.

I actually agree with you.  But before you condemn someone else.  Curious
if you have done any of the above yourself?

> I spent last weekend helping a group raise about $1000 for the USO.  It
> wasn't much, but it'll keep some bored, lonely people fighting for our
> real freedoms (the freedom to have this argument, even) a little more
> comfortable while they're away.

Good for you.

I personally would've prefered that you would have spent your weekend of
service helping by going to cambodia, africa or inviting a homeless person
into your home as you suggested above.  But that's just me.  The choice is
yours.  (pun intended).

fwiw, I googled USO..

top hit: USO == United States Oil Fund LP

Any connection? ;-)

I'm not sure whether your perceived good deeds have anything to do with
the post which is why I thought I'd point them out.  In fact, what you
think might be a good deed, someone else might actually think is
relatively meaningless or even a waste of time in terms of good deeds.  As
your earlier examples suggest, someone that actually quit their job and
risked 6 months of their life to help free someone in Africa might think
you spending your weekend helping the USO is rather laughable.  Before you
get pissed at that statement, I think you should reread it and just accept
that there might be some truth in it.

Although i agree with many of your points made throughout the posts, I
think you've strayed from your original topic in an attempt to try and
prove your right. Much like your assertions about the DRM issue, you
proving you're right on this issue isn't going to change the world and is
of relatively minor importance in the bigger scheme of things.  Let her
rest.