[lug] and so I switched

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Tue Aug 5 14:38:35 MDT 2008

Right after my last reply to Kevin about my troubles with metacity, it
locked up again.  So I'm now on XFce.  Haven't upgraded my old XFce
installs in a while (they're on vm's).  It's nice to see display-wide
panels now and lots of very convenient configuration options, including
starting up GNOME/KDE background items.  Don't like the down arrow for
menus in the panel, but that's minor.  I *LOVE* that I can turn off
desktop icons easily.  Was never sure how to do that under GNOME.  They
just clutter my display and I never use them anyway.

Now if xfwm locks up, I'm switching to a Mac.  :-)

--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org