[lug] Metacity lockups (and moving to XFce)

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Tue Aug 5 16:47:45 MDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 12:09 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> yum groupinstall XFCE

That's useful.  Are there other groups I can search on?  How do you
search for available groups?

> You should then be able to choose it from the login screen as your
> session.

Done.  :-)   I'm now running under XFce with the same set of panel apps
I had under GNOME.  XFce (for those that don't know it, like I didn't
today) now has a panel app that allows you to run GNOME panel apps under
XFce's panel.  Nifty, since the GNOME Weather and System Monitor applets
are better than XFce's.
--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org