[lug] The original Debian announcement

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Aug 19 21:52:53 MDT 2008

Nate Duehr wrote:
> So... what do you guys/gals think?  The original goals of the project?

I think most of your observations show how naive we are when starting
something like that.  Ian didn't anticipate what people would want or
where things like the Internet were going.

> Also I found it telling and/or sad, that not a single named person is
> listed as being a part of the Quality Assurance team within the
> organization:

You can ask them why.  The installer team doesn't have names listed
either but I know they are pretty active.  I'm not sure the QA team does
what most people call QA.

Dave