[lug] RedHat Ent5 Terminal window issue

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Wed Aug 20 18:39:45 MDT 2008

I'd try to see if it is profile related or box related.  Does the
behavior follow her to a different box?

Can you move her .gnome* .gconf* dirs out of the way and have it happen
again?  Has she created custom gnome-terminal profiles?

Try starting an xterm and then launching the gnome terminals from that.
  When they all die, maybe they'll leave an error message in the xterm
(assuming it doesn't kill the xterm too).

rpm -Va to see if there's any oddness in the packages.

Hugh