[lug] System load problems

Steve A Hart Shart at colorado.edu
Thu Aug 21 12:35:50 MDT 2008

Gotta love those salesmen......My response to them would be

"I don't give a flying $%#! about windows"

ANYWAY.....

Try running memtest.  I've run into issues similar to this because the
default memory timing settings on the motherboard BIOS does not work for
the installed memory.  If memtest comes back with errors and the memory
is new, then try looking up the exact timing settings from the memory
manufacturer.  Set those specifically in the BIOS and give it another go.

Also might want to check out:

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/29424

Do a find on "M2N" and you'll see the post about the M2N-VM DVI
motherboard.  Might be your issue....just a shot in the dark.

good luck

Steve

--
Steve Hart