[lug] How to save $ for off site backup services?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Mon Sep 8 13:05:29 MDT 2008

siegfried wrote:
> Can anyone recommend an offsite backup service?

A USB drive and a bank safety deposit box.

:-)

(And no, I'm not kidding.  This WAS the strategy for a small company I
worked at, and it worked... I didn't come up with it, though.  And they
were still using tapes, so I modified it for modern technology.  GRIN...)

Hell of a lot cheaper than the online services, and served the same
purpose.   On-site backups were used for restoring developer's screwups,
etc... in "real-time".  The offsites were simply that.. off-site.

Nate