[lug] For love or money: 1994 Yggdrasil Plug-and-Play Linux CD

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Sep 16 18:48:29 MDT 2008

Neal McBurnett wrote:
> A friend is very very interested in finding an installation CD or
> .iso for the Yggdrasil Linux Release circa 1994.

Well, shoot.  My first Linux CDs were the Linux Internet Archives
(4CDs!) from 1995.  But no Yggdrasil.  I remember considering Yggdrasil
though.

> Help finding a PC of ~1994 vintage to load the CD on would also be
> appreciated, since he doubts the old CD will load on a modern
> IDE-based PC.

I have a mid-90s 486 around here somewhere, I'm sure it'd do.  But I
think even then it was IDE (except for the CDROM, I got a SCSI one of
those).  So new hardware might do better than you think.

Dave