[lug] An alternative keyboard and its issues

Chris Riddoch riddochc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 09:15:04 MDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 5:24 AM, Jeffrey Haemer
<jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com> wrote:
> In addition to asking guys like us, why not go over to CU and ask the OT and
> PT schools?  If they don't know, then maybe someone there would turn it into
> a research project.

Yup, I've asked some appropriate people there about comparing
different kinds of hand, wrist, and arm movements to minimize RSI.

The main kind of help I could use from BLUGgers is in making an
algorithm for rearranging the "key" positions, given the data I'll
have: letter probability, some 'cost' metric for comparing different
movements, etc.

> (You might also ask the piano performance guys at the music school -- they
> spend a lot of time thinking about hand mechanics and movement.)

I hadn't thought of them specifically.  Thanks!

--
epistemological humility
 Chris Riddoch