[lug] motherboard recommendation

Steve A Hart Shart at colorado.edu
Mon Sep 29 15:50:53 MDT 2008

I was just wondering if anyone can suggest a RedHat Ent5 or Ubuntu
compatible motherboard.  I'm going to be building a stand alone Linux
system to do some major image processing/number crunching using IDL and
ENVI.  I'm thinking about using an Intel Quad-core and having about 8GB
of memory so the board will have to be able to support that as well.

I'm just hoping anyone here has some ideas because knowing my luck, I'll
pick the worst possible board in terms of compatibility!

Thanks

Steve
--
Steve Hart