[lug] Doing Linux rescue or Linux Askmethod

Gordon Golding gordongoldin at aim.com
Tue Oct 7 15:05:07 MDT 2008

 Since I created FC7 CDs and DVDs, (through FC9) I find that I can't do a
Linux askmethod

When it boots to CD1, the screen to type anything in goes by too fast.
If I hit an F-key, it stops, but if I type anything, it immediately goes to the next screen and just uses the letter I typed as a shortcut.

So I always use the FC6 CD1 or Rescue CD for HTTP install or Rescue.

BUT - with FC9 the HTTP install - using the FC6 CD - wouldn't work.

AND - much worse - I don't think the FC6 will do a Rescue - when I tried it, I got "can't find part of your installation".

Has anybody else noticed this with their systems?? I'm using various Dells....

Gordon Golding