[lug] ssh -X question

Bamm Visscher bamm.visscher at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 13:39:34 MDT 2008

The issue is explained here: http://www.mozilla.org/unix/remote.html

"When Netscape Navigator is invoked with the -remote argument, it does
not open a window, but instead connects to and controls an
already-existing process. The argument to the -remote switch is an Xt
action to invoke, with optional arguments.

Remote control is implemented using X properties, so the two processes
need not be running on the same machine, and need not share a file
system. "

I think you can use `firefox -no-remote`.  Depends on how the shell
script that actually starts firefox works.

Bamm

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 7:00 AM, Kenneth D Weinert
<kenw at quarter-flash.com> wrote:

sguil - The Analyst Console for NSM
http://sguil.sf.net