[lug] Looking for a laptop...

Davide Del Vento davide.del.vento at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 11:04:53 MDT 2008

As I said, I investigated this problem since I had it for my friend's laptop.
Well, it IS hw (BIOS) problem, but sort of.
In fact modern linuces have a way to circumvent the problem, because
they directly access the drive, bypassing the BIOS (or so I read
somewhere online). I do not know anything about windows (last time I
used it, it was at the end of last century!)
Bye,
;Dav