[lug] MP3 tag editors

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon Oct 27 23:07:06 MDT 2008

I"m doing some research on mp3 tag editors.  I only know of two GUI
editors that are prepackaged and "full" featured:  amarok and Picard.
EasyTag is another but it doesn't appear to be in active development and
Picard seems to have replaced it (I think).

"Full" just means offers lots of end user bells and whistles that make
editing tags very user friendly and intuitive.  The most important
feature is the ability to edit ID3 tags in as user friendly a manner,
probably using external resources like Last.fm or similar.

Does anyone use anything other than these three?  I googled,
freshmeat'ed and sourceforge'd but really didn't find many prepackaged
(rpm's, etc.) tools that come close to these.  I found lots of tools
that fail to compile or are command line tools, but I'm looking for
desktop tools for the non-technical end user.

--
Michael J. Hammel
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org / http://www.graphics-muse.org