[lug] Debian App DNS Issues

John Starkey jstarkey at breezedev.com
Wed Oct 29 13:14:55 MDT 2008

In both Etch and Lenny I've had issues with only a few apps not being
able to perform DNS lookups. To date I think it's only been Eclipse
based apps, Firefox and Thunderbird. If I add an entry to my hosts file
they work fine. Iceweasel and Icedove and any other app out of the
repositories work fine.

A few months ago I ran across a post that mentioned a package that fixed
the problem.  I swore I bookmarked the post but I can't find it
anywhere. Does anyone happen to know what that package is? Google has
nothing in any of the terms I can think of to search with.

Thanks,

John

--
John Starkey