[lug] Debian App DNS Issues

John Starkey jstarkey at breezedev.com
Wed Oct 29 16:59:28 MDT 2008

Zan Lynx wrote:
>> From nssswitch.conf I changed:
>>
>> hosts:          files mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] dns mdns4

>> hosts:          files [NOTFOUND=return] dns
> Hey, don't you need dns to be BEFORE [NOTFOUND=return]?  If not dns,
> then you need something like lwres (my favorite, which needs the lwresd
> (light-weight resolver, a BIND based cache resolver)).
> - --
Awesome!!! That was it. Thanks.

I hope google snatches this up; I know I wasted 4-6 hours over the past
year trying to work this out. When it first popped up it was only
happening on an app I was private-beta'ing. THen I saw it on FF3 when it
was released and realized it wasn't app-specific.

I guess the package I installed earlier in the year rearranged that line
or something to that affect.

Thanks again!

John

--