[lug] MP3 tag editors

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Fri Oct 31 12:18:14 MDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 08:25:47AM -0600, Michael J. Hammel wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 23:15 -0600, Jeff Schroeder wrote:
> > I use kid3:
> > http://kid3.sourceforge.net/
>
> Thanks for the pointer. I finally found a nice cross section, including:
>
> Cowbell
> EasyTag
> Audio Tag Tool
> Kid3
> Picard
> Ex Falso
> Amarok

Amarok is obviously much more than a tag editor, but you can do lots of bulk editing (shift/ctrl select and set the Artist for all, or iteratively set track numbers, ...).  I did find that tags created by amarok are not readable on my iAudio device.

I've used kid3 to do tagging when I didn't want to use amarok.  kid3 will do ogg/flac tagging as well.

Hugh