[lug] Openvpn problem

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Nov 11 12:51:51 MST 2008

Gordon Golding wrote:
> I took it out to a client site, it seemed to connect.? But was having
> a terrible time - slow connection and dropping and getting a message
> same like this:
>
> Sun Nov? 9 02:08:51 2008 us=157369 MULTI: new connection by client
> 'myclient'
>
> ?will cause previous active sessions by this client to be dropped.?
> Remember to
>
> use the --duplicate-cn option if you want multiple clients using the
> same certificate

Is this from using 2 clients at the same time?  Sometimes you get this
message if a connection times out and gets re-established, or if you
drop it and reconnect without explicit-exit-notify.

> I made a new certificate - myclient2 - and put it on and it connected
> fine for awhile - then it went dead.? Won't connect on reboot.

You could have used duplcate-cn too.

What does the client say when it won't connect?  It should give fairly
detailed output (or set verb to 3).

Dave